Thank you, Melanie, for nominating me for the „Liebster Award“. „Life is beautiful!“ Each time I visit your blog, indeed, life seems to me even more than beautiful. Life is full of miracles, and nature is one of the most representative of this fact. And you have the perfect eye to catch those beautiful miracles, and to make it visible to others.
The „Liebster Award“ is, for me, a sort of confirmation. I’m now definitely a member of the blogging community. I like it, and it makes me feel good. Nevertheless, sometimes I wish to get to know the people behind all that passion to maintain a blog, or even several.
As I accept the „Liebster Award, I’m following the official rules:
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you – check
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you – check, see below
- Share 11 random facts about yourself – check, see below
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers – check, see below
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award – check, see below
My answers to Melanie’s questions
1) What is your favorite time of the day and why?
The days I work, my favorite time is definitely the moment when I leave the office. Then I feel free to do what I like. On the other days, I do not have a specific favorite time.
2) What is your favorite sound?
3) And what is your favorite smell?
The smell of cut wood or the scent of an extinguished candle.
4) Please recommend a restaurant or a hotel!
Casa del Suizo, Ecuador (it is a lodge near Tena in the jungle)
5) If you could do it in the blink of an eye with no limitations, what would you change about your life?
In would like to get a different job.
6) Is there a language you don’t speak that you’d really like to? Which one is it and why?
Chinese, because it is the language of my sister-in-law, and because it is a very pictorial and metaphoric language.
7) Who was your most important friend in your childhood? Do you still have contact?
A girl from the neighborhood. She was called Pascale. Unfortunately, we don’t have contact anymore.
I loved to stay in her home. Speaking French, her family was closer to the French culture and “le savoir vivre”. My family represented a more conservative way of living. And, very important for me, in Pascal’s family I could eat chocolate as much as I liked. In my home, sweets were allowed only occasionally.
8) What was the ultimate thought that made you start your (first) blog?
I wanted to write and to share my interest in light sensations with people from all over the world (therefore, I should write more in English).
Why light? An English teacher asked me this question recently. After my studies in Art History I guided art tourists through an exhibition of the American light art artist James Turrell at the “haus konstruktiv” in Zurich City. It’s now more than 10 years ago. For me, this exhibition was a kind of revelation. The light of James Turrell art works challenges the eyes and the brain of the visitors, assuming they get completely involved with his senses to the work. Then, the light of Turrell changes reality and tells the visitors a lot about the process of seeing. But very important also, the light sensations of James Turrell are beautiful to look at.
9) In one sentence: what message do you want to give your readers?
I want to share with other people the beauty, the necessity and the possibilities of light.
10) What is your dream job?
To be a pilot or a filmmaker, who portrays the diversity of human life stories.
11) Your take on snow? Snow changes the world visible, and I like skiing.
Eleven random facts about me
1) I feel good, when the sun is shining.
2) I’m a visual human being, maybe a reason, why I studied art history.
3) But I also like I reading historical romans. Images and words takes a certain importance in my life. Maybe the reason, why I’m working in Communications.
4) I like bright colors even as a summer type.
5) I don’t have children, but I’m godmother of two boys. The elder one is going to be eighteen, the smaller one three. I call him little lion, because his name is Leo.
6) What makes me happy? Currently a delicious meal, a glass of wine and a good company.
7) Half a year ago, I get to know Shakti Dance. I’m glad I did. Shakti Dance is a very female way to get in contact with myself. The combination of yoga, oriental dance and mantra-meditation is perfect to settle down my lively spirit.
8) Point eight, what else can I tell?
9) I think, to keep the balance between the good or bad use of light is nowadays an important challenge. Light is to promote and preserve life, not to destroy.
10) If you got the possibility to enter one of the skyspaces of James Turrell do not hesitate.
11) Last but not least, the power of peace should be stronger then the power of money.
I nominate the following blogs, because they seem to me unique and special, and I would like to encourage the people behind, to keep going on. In case you got already this award, you don’t have to answer me. I also totally understand, if you prefer not to accept the nomination:
Adrian Bröking (Pindo): https://achtsaminberlin.wordpress.com
Peggy Liebisch: http://content-artists.com
Carlheinz Schanzenbach: https://carlheinzschanzenbach.wordpress.com
mwehrstedt, Ermutigungen zum Leben!: https://encourager68.wordpress.com
H. Joachim Schlichting, Die Welt physikalisch gesehen: https://hjschlichting.wordpress.com
Wera Wecker, kultur und kunst: https://kulturundkunst.wordpress.com
Christine v. Margenburg, einWORThaus: https://buchstabengarage.wordpress.com
Berliner Blickwinkel: https://berlinvisual.wordpress.com
Faszination Afrika: https://afrikafrau.wordpress.com
Jasmin Collet, Folge deinem Herzen: http://jasmincollet.com
Ulrike Widmann: http://ulrike-widmann.de
My eleven questions to the nominees
1) What does light mean to you?
2) Have you ever visited a Light Festival? If yes, which one and what did you like or not like? If no, which one would you like to see; and why?
3) Which one ist your favorite Light Art Work?
4) Which is the light phenomena you prefer?
5) Which is your favorite color?
6) What makes you happy?
7) If you could change the world, what would you change first.
8) Which is your favorite season and why?
9) Nature, what means that for you? 10) What do you usually eat for breakfast?
11) Does light play a role in your blog?